Remember my 3-Ingredients Recipes ? Well, here is another recipe in that series. It called POMMA ANNA.
“Pomme Anna is a classic French dish of sliced, layered potatoes cooked in a very large amount of melted butter.” – Wikipedia
1. The first thing you do is to prepare the sauce. You melt butter inside a pan, add the thyme and minced garlic. I love garlic, i don’t know why. I mostly add garlic either minced or powdered into my meals. I also think garlic gives it a sweet aroma/fragrance. Remove from heat after about 2-3 minutes.
2. Peel the potatoes, slice them very thinly and put into a large bowl. Pour half of the herb-butter mixture from step 1 onto the sliced potatoes.
3. Add Salt and pepper. Gently toss everything together ensuring that everything is coated nicely.
4. Get your muffin pan out. Remember the remaining herb-butter mixture from step 1? Use it to grease the muffin pan generously . You can use a muffin cup if you want to, I think that’s better.
5. Place the potatoes slices into the pan in a circular manner. When you are done, cover the muffin pan tightly with a foil.
6. Place inside the oven and let it bake for 30 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes, gently remove the potatoes from the muffin pan and place on a well greased baking sheet. You can rearrange the potatoes if it slides off. Put it back into the oven and let it bake again for another 15 minutes.
Thanks for reading!
See you soon.