My name is Simi, welcome to EatTechTravel. EatTechTravel is a lifestyle blog focused on food, technology and travel.EatTechTravel was born to review a wide variety of restaurants and bars to provide readers with insight to make nice choices and discover new places and help readers discover new and exotic places to visit as well as educate them on popular Nigerian Heritage Sites.
- If I were to describe myself using 3 phrases, I would pick the following:
- Certified Foodie
- Dora the Explorer
2. I’m 24 and I hold a B.Eng in Computer Engineering from Covenant University, Nigeria and an MSc. in Information Security from University College London.
3. By day, I am a CyberSecurity Analyst who occasionally hacks into networks and infrastructures. By night, I blog here.
4. The most beautiful place I have ever visited is Niagara Falls, Canada. I’m determined to visit Victoria Falls, Zambia and Igauzu Falls, Brazil someday.
5. I love travelling. I have visited the following places in Nigeria :-
- Ikogosi WarmSprings, Ekiti State
- Erin Ijesha Waterfalls, Osun State
- Arinta Waterfalls, Ekiti State
- Moremi Statue of Liberty, Osun State
- Ado-Awaye Mountains (home to one of the 2 suspended lakes in the world – Iyake Lake), Oyo State
- Agodi Gardens, Oyo State
- Omo Forest Reserve, Ogun State
- Idanre Hills, Ondo State
- Olumo Rock, Ogun State
- Nok Village, Kaduna State
- Matsiraga Waterfalls, Kaduna State
- Lekki Conservation Center, Lagos State
- Nike Art Gallery, Lagos State
- Lufasi Park, Lagos State
- Railway Compound Museum, Lagos State
6. I’m an outgoing-introvert and I love watching animes (my favorite at the moment is Shingeki no Kyojin), reading mangas (currently loving Shingueki no Soma and Nanatsu no Taizai), superheroes movies/animation (The MCU), trying out new recipes in the kitchen.
7. I have a mental bucket list (if there is anything like that) which I update and cross items off occasionally. Top on my list atm is learning how to swim (I hate bathing in cold water).
8. I live by this quote
You only get one life. It’s actually your duty to live it as fully as possible.”
– Jojo Meye, Me Before You
9. I love reading books. My favorite books from 2016 are Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance, Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (I laughed, I cried, I shipped like crazy and I stayed up most of the night to finish the book), Born a Crime by Trevor Noah (dude is hilarious).
10. I picked up a professional camera for the first time in 2016 and I am loving it. I want to specialize in Travel Photography. I feel like it’s different from the norm and not many Nigerians are into it. I think this is the perfect opportunity to make a mark.
11. I currently have an obsession with shoes especially brogues and oxford flats.
12. I want to conquer Mount Kilimanjaro summit someday. I am very scared haven watched Everest and 127 hours.
Blogging has ignited the creative part of me I never thought I had. It has also introduced me to a whole lot of people who inspire me. Thank you for reading and commenting on my posts. You make blogging worth it for me. .
Reader comments make my day, and I always respond to them. If you have a question, you can contact me via the following
- Twitter: @eattechtravel
- Instagram: @eattechtravel
- Facebook: EatTechTravel
To receive post updates by email, sign up here. Or you can receive post updates via Blogloving’.
Thank you for stopping by!